Arlington Travel Basketball
FCYBL Rules re: Age Groups
and Arlington Resident FAQs
This page of the Arlington Travel Basketball website includes FAQs associated with FCYBL Age Group rules that apply to the ATB program.
- FCYBL Age Group Rules
- FCYBL "Grade Exception" Rules
- Playing Up
- FCYBL Rules Applicable to Arlington County; Residency Rules
FCYBL Age Group Rules
1) Boys and Girls 5th grade teams will be made up of players in the 5th grade or lower; no player on any 5th grade team can be 12 years old on September 1, 2021.
2) Boys and Girls 6th grade teams will be made up of players in the 6th grade; no player on any 6th grade team can be 13 years old on September 1, 2021.
3) Boys and Girls 7th grade teams will be made up of players in the 7th grade; no player on any 7th grade team can be 14 years old on September 1, 2021.
4) Boys and Girls 8th grade teams will be made up of players in the 8th grade; no player on any 8th grade team can be 15 years old on September 1, 2021.
FCYBL "Grade Exception" Rules
Grade exceptions are no longer permitted; please refer to the above table and contact the commissioner if you have any questions.
Can My Child “Play-Up”?
ATB policy is that only in very unusual circumstances may a younger player be permitted to try out for an older age group team; and only with the approval of ATB. Please contact the commissioner for more information.
FCYBL Rules Specific to Arlington County; Residency Requirement
FCYBL rules require all players on ATB teams live in Arlington County. Similarly, Arlington residents are not allowed to play for any non-Arlington team in the FCYBL.
After team selections are made and before the FCYBL games begin, each team will submit a roster, with proof of age and residence to the league. Once teams are formed we will contact you with more information concerning this requirement.
Last Updated: September 18, 2021.